The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights is one of the 16 different centres of excellence at the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi. Since its inception, it has been at the forefront of promoting research and education in the field of IPR. The Centre seeks articles for its book on the theme: “Innovate for a Green Future: Role of IP Rights in Encouraging Innovation and Creativity”. The deadline for submission has been extended to 30th November, 2020. The paper may be on any one of these sub-themes:
- On how the patent system fosters innovation and the development and diffusion of eco-friendly technologies
- On how trademarks and other identifiers support the emergence and growth of businesses built on principles of environmental sustainability
- On how rights, such as geographical indications are encouraging more sustainable natural resource use
Or any other aspect related to the main theme.
The publication aims to call for and gather papers primarily from teachers, academicians, researchers, practitioners and other stakeholders.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com [Subject is to be “Submission for CIPR Publication”]
- The paper should be in English, not exceeding 4000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- The paper should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 350 words. Please limit keywords to 4. This shall not count towards the word limit.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors.
- The cover page should include Name, Address, E-mail ID, Contact number and the name of the College/University/Firm along with the address of the author/s. In case of co- authorship, the cover page should include details of both the authors. A brief profile of the author/s not exceeding 250 words should be attached with the abstract.
- Kindly avoid the general and common information about the sub theme of your paper as far as
possible. For example, those who are writing about Patents, kindly avoid elaborating about patents instead of discussing the topic as doing so may result in duplication of information in the chapters coming under a single sub-theme.
- No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- All contributions must represent original ideas and interpretations coupled with critical evaluation and assessment.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Any queries regarding the book shall be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submission must follow the Bluebook system of citation 20th edition.
- The submission is to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: For Title – 16; For Headings – 14; Main Text – 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10
- Alignment shall be Justified. One inch margin to be maintained on all sides.
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
- Use of headings and subheadings is encouraged.
The last date for the submission of the essay is 11:59 pm, 30th November 2020.
Please find the PDF of the call for papers here.
Image by Zbynek Burival on Unsplash.