The deadline for submission is extended to 18/08/2019, 6:00 P.M.
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal Studies is organizing the 5th CIPR National Level Essay Competition. The Centre seeks essays on the theme: “Intellectual Property Rights and Sports” with the following sub-themes:
- Patents and the role of Technology in Sports
- Copyright, broadcasting rights and Sports
- Brand building in the sports world (Trademarks and Sports)
Essays need not be limited to the above sub-themes.
The competition is open to LL.B. and LLM students studying in any of the recognized Law
Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The essay should be in English, not exceeding 3000 words (excluding footnotes)
- Only one essay per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The essay should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subjected to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The cover page should include Name, Address, email id, Contact number and the name of the College/University along with address and class of the Participant. In case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of both the authors
- No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author.
- Duly filled Declaration Form (available here) must accompany the essay.
- In all matters related to the Essay Competition, the decision of the Panel and CIPR shall be final and conclusive.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation 20th edition.
- The Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5,
Footnote size: 10
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
The last date for the submission of the essay is extended to 18/08/2019, 6:00 P.M.
First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
Second Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
[pdf-embedder url="http://ciprnuals.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/5th-National-Essay-Competition-.pdf" title="5th National Essay Competition"]